The Role Model Program is offered as a resource to teachers wanting to extend Aboriginal curriculum in their classrooms. It is available to all teachers, at all grade levels. By bringing Aboriginal role models into the classroom, this program develops an understanding and respect of Aboriginal culture in all students.
A role model can:
- provide an Aboriginal point of view to the subject matter
- discuss aspects of Aboriginal history or traditions
- share important aspects of Aboriginal culture
- demonstrate their talents
- teach special skills
- provide a positive connection to the local communities